Pet Owner Resources
Helpful Links for Forest Lake Animal Clinic Clients in Harris County
- Second Chance Pets – This is an animal rescue group Forest Lake Animal Clinic closely with to take care of needy homeless strays. They finance extraordinary measures to insure these animals are in the best health possible prior to adoption.
- Texas Veterinary Behavior Services – The website of Dr. Lore Haug, a board-certified veterinary behaviorist, that limits her practice to pets with behavioral issues.
- SouthPaw Training – The website of Barbara Day, a dog trainer that both Dr. Roof and Dr. Dokos have gone to for their personal animals.
Pet Health, Pet Behavior & Pet Info Sites
- American Animal Hospital Association
- American Board of Veterinary Practitioners
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- American Kennel Club
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges
- US FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine
- Southern Veterinary Partners
- Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement
- Companion Animal Parasite Council
- Clean Run - Agility Information
- Assisted Living for Seniors with Pets
- CDC Rabies Information
- CDC Zoonotic Diseases
- Pet Health Network – Find answers about your pet.
- Veterinary Oral Health Council – Pet dentistry information.
- APHIS Pet Travel – Basic information on domestic and international travel of pets by the US Department of Agriculture.
- Humane Society of the United States – Promotes the protection of all animals. Here you will find many wonderful animal-related stories and information on pet care, pet adoption, and animal welfare issues.
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences – Search a toxic plant database.
- ASPCA's Animal Poison Control Center – For any animal poison-related emergency or if worried your pet ate something toxic.
- Pets & Parasites – Recommendations for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of parasite infections.
- Heartworm Society – Learn more about deadly heartworms and what you can do to protect your pet.
- The ASPCA – Exists to promote humane principles, prevent cruelty and alleviate fear, pain, and suffering in animals.
- Dog Owner's Guide – This is a nice starter guide of things that you should consider when you are thinking about getting a puppy.
- The Cat Fanciers' Association – This website provides pictures and information on cat breeds, cat care, upcoming cat shows, and more.
- Indoor Pet Initiative – An excellent site designed to help you enrich the life of your indoor-only cat or dog, and help you to meet their mental, as well as physical, needs.
- HomeAgain & AKC Reunite Microchips & PetLink – Register & update your pet’s microchip information.
- Rainbow Bridge – A Grief Support Community for those who are hurting from the death of a beloved pet.
- Delta Society – A non-profit organization whose goal is to help lead the world in advancing human health and well-being through positive interactions with animals. They help people throughout the world become healthier and happier by incorporating therapy, service and companion animals into their lives.
Please note, Forest Lake Animal Clinic provides these pet resources as information only - we do not recommend nor are we affiliated with these organizations or websites. Always call us with questions.